3 bedroom house, Hikkaduwa, near beach
Hikkaduwa: Spacious 3 bedroom house in walking distance to best surfing and swimming beach. Good rental income.
- 4.5 min walk to the beach
- Best surf break on west / southwest coast!
- Peaceful surroundings and good middle class Sri Lankan neighbours
- No temple noise, no road noise
Wildlife in abundance
- Bought 2003, freehold in the name of foreign owner
- 700 m² (= 28 perch) garden + 200 m² (= 8 perch) shared access (= private access way, shared with one other party)
- 8’ parapet wall all around
- Kitchen garden
- Mango, guava, papaw, bananas, coffee, curries, spices
- Built as reinforced concrete pillar & slab construction
- 75 m² rooms
- Self-contained downstairs apartment, consisting of 1 bedroom and
- 1 bathroom
- 1 large kitchen with spacious dining area (easily seating 6)
- 1 reception hall
- 1 lock-up storage under staircase
- 25 m² verandah
- 22 m² double garage
- Outside shower and tap fittings
- 54 ft’ shared balcony looking into the garden
Private spiral staircase access
- 75 m² rooms
- 1 emperor bedroom with ensuite bathroom
- 1 king bedroom with annexed
- balcony bathroom
- outside kitchenette
- 25 m² balconies
- Pitched roof covered open area, currently used for recreation, as gym and as yoga shala.
Beautiful views into the garden, village and nearby tree covered hillside.
- 75 m²
- Ideal for yoga, exercising or as a hang-out
- All ceilings are concrete slabs (= cool, safe, “rat proof”)
- Windows, doors and cupboards exclusively made from Jak (best local hardwood)
- Coconut and Albicia timber
- Flat clay tiles
- Watertank on elevated platform on top of house (ocean view possible from there)
- Mains water connection
- Single phase electricity
- Cable bound telephone connection (ADSL ready!)
- Very good reception for wireless phone and internet
- Hot (= geyser) and cold water
Property will be leased or sold as seen, all furniture, furnishings and fittings included in sale or lease price.
Broker's fee: 4.9% to be paid by buyer
View to garden from veranda
Bedroom on ground floor
Kitchen (ground floor)
Staircase to first floor. On the right one would access the ground floor bedroom.
The first of two first floor bedrooms
First bedroom on first floor has access to balcony
The balcony is shared by both bedrooms on the first floor
Second bedroom on the first floor
Entrance to the bathroom that can be accessed from the balcony
Behind the balcony bathroom there is a cute outside kitchen. The staircase to the right leads to the top level of the house.
Top level for yoga and massage - on just hanging out...
Ask us about the following subjects: Property in Sri Lanka. Real Estate. House, Villa, Beachland. Buying property. Legal and tax requirements in Sri Lanka. Stamp duty. Tax and taxation, capital gain tax. Approval by Tourist Board and BOI (Board of Investment). Liquor license. Visa, work visa, retirement visa in Sri Lanka.