Inland: tea plantation in Udugama (20 km off Galle)
- 228,000 m² (= 57 acres)
Details of land / property
The land consists of 57 acres (230,671 sq.m) of land currently includes :
- Approx. 10 acres of organic tea, which could be expand up to 57 if desired
- Numerous species of intercropped fruit trees, spices, herbs and vegetables
- Original 1920s Planter’s and Manager’s Bungalows tastefully modernized and equipped with solar hot water, solar lighting and septic tanks
- New staff/manager’s bungalow, tea shed and storage building
- Numerous fresh water wells in a catchment area and natural spring
- Mains electricity
- 8,000 gallon ferro-cement water tank that gravity-feed all three buildings
- New concrete secondary alternative access road along northern boundary
- Fertile, chemical free soils, paddy fields and aquaculture areas
- Banyan tree zone with caves, grottoes and ancient Hindu shrine
- Bathing pools and rapids in bordering river that flows to Weligama Bay
- Miles of restored, original stone terracing, steps and drainage channels
- 42 species of endemic bird recorded, along with rare amphibians, butterflies and dragonflies
- Protected habitat for endangered nocturnal pangolins, porcupines, ring-tailed civet cats, flying squirrels and purple-faced leaf monkeys
- Situated at the 20 km post on the Udugama Road,
- 12 kms and 17 minutes drive from the new highway exit; 1.5 to 2 hours from Colombo and 30 mins more to the international airport.
- 30 minutes from the Galle coast.
- 35 mins from Galle Fort UNESCO site. (The current widening and resurfacing of the Udugama Road will shave a few more minutes off these times.)
- Tittle deeds have been checked.
- The property is currently held on a company structure.
Broker's fee: 3% to be paid by buyer
Ask us about the following subjects: Property in Sri Lanka. Real Estate. House, Villa, Beachland. Buying property. Legal and tax requirements in Sri Lanka. Stamp duty. Tax and taxation, capital gain tax. Approval by Tourist Board and BOI (Board of Investment). Liquor license. Visa, work visa, retirement visa in Sri Lanka.